- Sprinkle cut pears with lemon juice or other fruit juice, such as apple, to prevent browning.
- Give your everyday apple recipes an interesting twist in taste and texture by substituting pears for the apples.
- Pears cook up well with spices like ginger and cinnamon in jams and conserves.
- Pears are also excellent in preserves or pickles.
- Try your own version of a Canadian classic. During the 1940s, CP Rail dining cars featured baked pears stuffed with raisins and nuts for one of their specialty desserts.
Check our Recipes section for more fresh ideas.