- Extend the succulence of summer cherries by freezing. Simply remove stems, remove pits or not – your choice depending on how you intend to use. Place in single layer on shallow pan in freezer until frozen. Store in resealable plastic bags.
- Add chopped, fresh sweet cherries to ground meat to add moisture, flavour, and nutrition.
- Cherries work well in salsas and jams, muffins and clafoutis.
- Remove pits and preserve with brandy and sugar to yield a luxurious topping for ice cream.
- Take them travelling. There’s no preparation, just rinse and enjoy.
Check our Recipes section for more fresh ideas.