- Place in brown paper bag at room temperature to ripen (placing an apple in the bag will speed up the process).
- Store in refrigerator unwashed for up to a week.
- Bosc pears are juicy, even when still greenish in colour. When fully ripe, they have a rich yellow skin with cinnamon-coloured speckles.
- The Anjou is considered a “winter” pear and stores well at temperatures just above freezing. It’s a golden-tinged light green colour when ripe.
- The Bartlett is slightly green when picked. Upon ripening, this aromatic pear has a tender, clear yellow skin.
Check our Recipes section for more fresh ideas.